Blockchain Source GmbH, a company registered in Zug, Switzerland, operates the website blockchainsource.ch ("Website"). At Blockchain Source GmbH we highly value your privacy and adhere to the applicable privacy laws when collecting and processing your data. This Privacy Notice outlines the principles of data collection and processing for the Website.
1. Controller name and contact information
This Privacy Notice applies to the processing of your personal data by Blockchain Source GmbH (“Company”/“us”/“we”). For questions or requests related to data processing by us, you may revert by mail to the address:
Blockchain Source GmbH
2. Data processing activities and data processing purposes when you visit and use the Website
a. Data automatically collected
When you visit the Website, the browser on your device automatically sends information to the server(s) on which the Website runs. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file. The following information is collected without your intervention and stored until it is automatically deleted:
We will process the mentioned data for the following purposes:
- IP address of the requesting computer,
- date and time of access,
- name and URL of the retrieved file,
- website from which access is made (referrer URL),
- the browser used and, if applicable, the operating system of your computer as well as the name of your access provider.
Our legal basis for processing the above listed data is our legitimate interest of pursuing the purposes listed above for data collection.
- ensuring a smooth connection of the website,
- ensuring comfortable use of the Website,
- evaluation of system security and stability, as well as
- for other administrative purposes.
b. Data you provide to us
If you register for an account, we ask you to provide your e-mail address. We use your personal data only for providing you the service or information requested by you. We will store this data on our serves for as long as necessary to provide the services or information requests, unless a longer retention period is based on our legitimate interests or prescribed by law.
c. How we use personal data
We use store and process personal information for the following general purposes:
We do not rent, sell or otherwise share your personal data with third parties, except with your consent.
Further, we may use third party service providers to help us deliver our service and run or analyse the Website (e.g. third party data analytics services to analyse, among other things, server load).
We also aggregate data into anonymized system usage statistics.
- to enable you to access and use the Website;
- to operate, protect, improve and optimize the Website and our business for example by performing analytics, conducting research, personalizing or otherwise customizing user experience, and to provide customer service and support;
- to help maintain a trusted environment on the Website, such as detection and prevention of actual and potential fraud and other harmful activity, conducting investigations and risk assessments, verifying any identifications provided by you, and conducting checks against databases and information sources for fraud detection and prevention, risk assessment and harm prevention purposes;
- to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
- to send you marketing, advertising, and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you, including information about us, our services, or general promotions for partner campaigns and services. You can unsubscribe or opt-out from receiving these communications in your settings;
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and to enforce our agreements with third parties.
The basis for data processing by cookies for the aforementioned purposes is our legitimate interests.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies. However, you can configure your browser so that no cookies are stored on your computer or a message always appears before a new cookie is created. However, the complete deactivation of cookies can lead to the fact that you cannot use all functions of the Website.
We use tracking tools to ensure the design and continuous optimization of the Website. We use the tracking measures to record the use of the Website statistically and to evaluate it for optimising our offer. We use the tracking measures listed below based on our legitimate interests.
The respective data processing purposes and data categories can be found in the information on the corresponding tracking tools below.
For the purpose of the continuous optimization of our pages and its design, we use Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (https://www.google.de/intl/de/about/) (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; hereinafter "Google").
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
Further information on data protection in connection with Google Analytics can be found in the Google Analytics Help (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en).
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
5. Sharing of data
Your personal data will not be shared with third parties for purposes other than those listed below.
We will only pass on your personal data to third parties if:
you have given your express consent,
the disclosure is necessary to assert, exercise or defend legal claims and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding interest worthy of protection in the non-disclosure of your data,
in the event that a legal obligation exists for the transfer; or
this is legally permissible and necessary for the execution of contractual relationships with you.
We reserve the right to transfer, store, use and process your data, including any personal information, to countries outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) including the United States and possibly other countries. By using the Website, you consent to us transferring your data to these countries. You should note that laws vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, and so laws and regulations relating to privacy and data disclosure, applicable to the places where your information is transferred to or stored, used or processed in, may be different from the laws and regulations applicable to your place of residency. We take the legally required safeguards and contractual measures to ensure that any parties we transfer personal data to do so in keeping with the level of data protection and security prescribed by the applicable data protection regulation.
If we contact you by e-mail regarding news and events, such notices will be sent by our service provider "MailChimp", a newsletter mailing platform of the US provider Rocket Science Group, LLC, 675 Ponce De Leon Ave NE #5000, Atlanta, GA 30308, USA. The data protection regulations of MailChimp can be viewed here: https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/. The Rocket Science Group LLC d/b/a MailChimp is certified under the Privacy Shield Agreement and thus offers a guarantee to comply with the Swiss data protection level (https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt0000000TO6hAAG&status=Active).
6. Your rights
You have the right:
- to request information about your personal data processed by us. In particular, you may request information about the purposes of processing, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data have been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right to rectification, deletion, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right of appeal, the origin of your data, if these have not been collected by us, and the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, if applicable, meaningful information on their details;
- to request the correction of incorrect or complete personal data stored by us;
- to demand the deletion of your personal data stored by us, unless the processing is justified by our legitimate interests, necessary to fulfil a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims;
- to demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data if you dispute the accuracy of the data;
if our data processing is based on your consent, you have the right to revoke your consent at any time. As a result, we are no longer allowed to continue processing data based on this consent in the future;
- to complain to a supervisory authority.
In those cases where we base processing on our legitimate interests, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data.
For withdrawing consent or objecting to any data processing as described above, simply send mail to the address in section 1.
8. Data retention
The Website is not aimed at children and visitors are asked to confirm that they are 18 years or older. We do not target, intend to collect, or knowingly collect or otherwise process information from anyone under the age of 18.
10. Data security
We take commercially reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. Accordingly, we store all the personal information you provide on secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
You also acknowledge that no technical and organisational measures can fully eliminate security risks connected with the transmission of information over the internet. We therefore cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet. We use the common SSL (Secure Socket Layer) method in connection with the highest level of encryption supported by your browser. Usually this is a 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we use 128-bit v3 technology instead. Whether a single page of the Website is transmitted in encrypted form is indicated by the closed display of the key or lock symbol in the lower status bar of your browser.
We also use suitable technical and organisational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or unauthorised access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments. You are responsible for keeping the account information (user name/password) for accessing the Website confidential.
11. Validity of this privacy notice
Blockchain Source GmbH, valid from February 1, 2019